ACTIVISM IN ACTION (Rm 3)
ACTIVISM IN ACTION: Social Justice & Leadership for Teens is a curriculum for middle and high school youth that will include opportunities for service to the congregation, off-campus service learning projects and leadership workshops to promote the development of socially conscious young citizens.
Each Sunday, we affirm that love is the spirit of this faith and service is its prayer. UUMiami has a well-established history of working toward equity and justice in our community, and our young leaders have the chance to become a part of that meaningful legacy by learning about:
- Our Social Justice Toolbox: how we use our voice & vote
- Anti-racism movements
- Gender equity & Feminist movements
- LGBTQ+ Movements
- Mental Health & Disability Justice
- Addressing Poverty & Wealth Inequality
- Environmental Justice & Land Stewardship
- Leadership skills & team-building
Participants will have the opportunity to volunteer with local organizations addressing social issues such as housing and food insecurity to further develop their leadership abilities and commitment to community service. For each unit completed, participants will be eligible for approximately 10 hours of community service.